Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end."


Tomorrow is my last day as a full time employee at NHC Place Cool Springs and thus it becomes my first step in my new begining. As exciting as it is to begining a new journey, it is hard to end this one.

Over the past two months my journey has been ending and in that time three significant things have occurred.

First of all, there was a conference I attended in May. This is the third year that I have attended this conference and I found myself feeling very secure and confident with my place in the company and in my field. Ironic that I feel secure as I'm about to take my exit. Every year at this conference NHC likes to take the opportunity to recognize some of their dietary partners at an awards ceremony. I was awarded the clinical excellence award for the South Central region.


Second was State Survey. An exhausting week in which the state comes in and looks at everything in the building with a fine tooth comb and a white glove. We were given a perfect score. In my administrators 25 years he has only had that happen 1 other time.

And Third. We had our Excellence Review. This is when the dietary department is harshly graded against some very intense criteria. This reveiew was the best we have ever had since we opened.

Making the choice to leave NHC had not been an easy one. I struggled greatly deciding what I should do with my life. The thought of walking away from NHC is a hard one, a tough one. But I know that the decision to leave NHC is the right one. I desire to be more than I am and I am ready to accept the challenge.

So as the song goes, "every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end." As I'm begining one phase in my life another one is ending. Being given the clinical excellence award was the perfect end to my time as a dietitian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tara,
Wow, how exciting. It takes a lot of courage to go back to school, especially in a whole different area. Imagine going back to school when you're 46 after not being in school since you were 29...talk about scary. I can honestly say that I have truly enjoyed every minute of it, even writing my dissertation. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but anything worth having takes hard work. My advice to you is to "Enjoy the Journey". You are truly blessed to have this opportunity! Try not to let the stressful times make you forget that. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your journey through your website. God bless you! Patty Poe